Just bought a new Corvette?
Or just love them? You’ve come to the right place! The Lone Star Corvette Club
is dedicated to the Corvette
lifestyle and the people that own them. Our Club slogan says it all:
Good Friends… Great Cars!
Founded in 1982, the Club now has over 1,000 members – each with his/her own story to tell of how they found that perfect “Vette.” Based in the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex, it offers just about any activity an owner of “America’s Sports Car
” could want: Road Trips, Day Trips, Open Road Racing, DragRacing, Autocross, NCRS (National Corvette Restorers Society), Car Shows, Displays and Parades, the Lone Star Corvette Classic
, Club Meetings, and most of all, fun times with good friends.
– The Club takes at least one significant road trip each year, usually in conjunction with a Corvette
event. A large group recently returned from a nine-day caravan to Vettes on the Rockies
held in Winter Park, Colorado. Past trips have taken us to the Black Hills of South Dakota, the Barrett Jackson Auction
in Scottsdale, Arizona, the National Corvette Museum
Anniversary Caravan to Bowling Green, Kentucky, and many more.
– Just about every month finds a group of us headed somewhere in our Corvettes
for a day of fun on the road. It might be for a tour of some local wineries, a trip to the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards for a cattle drive and BBQ, a car show being held by another Corvette
club, a tour of members’ garages, or just a drive in the country to enjoy our cars and each other’s company.
Open Road Racing
– Like to go fast in your Vette? Many Club members participate in Open Road Racing at events held in Big Bend, Texas and Arnold, Nebraska. In addition, several driving schools are offered in the DFW area where you can go to hone your driving skills. For more information,“click” the “Open Road Racing” button. Open Road Racing
– Another “go fast” group within the Club are the Drag Racers. They compete at tracks around the Metroplexfor trophies and bragging rights. Many members –both ladies and men – race cars (pickups too) in addition to Corvettes
. No experience is required. For more information, “click” the “Drag Racing” button. Drag Racing
– Others in the Club prefer to sharpen their driving skills by competing in Autocross. An autocross is a timed competition where drivers navigate, one at a time, through a temporary course marked by traffic cones, usually in a parking lot. Autocross places more emphasis on car handling and driving skill than on sheer horsepower. For more information, “click” the “Autocross” button. Autocross
– Many Club members also belong to the NCRS – National Corvette Restorers Society. If you are into originality and the preservation of the Corvette
as an icon, you will find many in the Club that share your passion. For more information,“ click” the “NCRS”button. NCRS
– Love showing your Vette off or having it judged? On almost any weekend (except for a few in the winter), at least one group from the Club will be headed to either a local or an out-of-town car show. We usually caravan to the out-of-town shows as a group and use the trip as a good excuse to socialize and dine out together.The Club sponsors a group of members each year in the Dallas Autorama
. On the first Saturday of each month, you’ll find a bunch of us at Cars & Coffee
in Plano, “kicking tires” and telling tall tales about our cars.
Displays and Parades
– The public loves to look at our Corvettes
. Every year we man a display of our cars in the Dallas New Car Show
at the Convention Center
. We also take a large contingent of Vettes to the State Fair of Texas
. We’ve been asked in the past to drive Indy Car
drivers around the Texas Motor Speedway’s
oval before races. Christmas finds us backing up the bikers in the Great Texas Toy Run
that benefits thousands of needy children in the area. The Dallas Veterans’ Day Parade
has come to rely on the Club to provide cars and drivers for over 100 WWII Veterans each year. Ask any Club member who has participated and you will be told what an honor it is.
Lone Star Corvette Classic
– In May of each year, the premier Corvette
event in Texas is held at the Texas Motor Speedway
by the Club.
During its three day run, the “Classic
” attracts hundreds of Corvettes
Club members from across the US and Canada. In addition, Corvette
enthusiasts from around the area attend the event to take advantage of many different activities, including judged and Show N Shine indoor car shows, a variety of automotive vendors, good food, and exciting track events held on the Texas Motor Speedway’s
oval and road course.
100% of the net proceeds from the Classic
go to support the Club’s two main charities, The National Corvette Museum
and Speedway Children’s Charities,
and a third charity chosen from several candidates each year by Club members. Classic 2014
donated over $25,000 to the three.
– The Club meets on the second Saturday of each month at various locations around the Metroplex. We would love to have you come to a meeting and “check us out.”
I’d like to encourage you to further explore our website. A glimpse at the Club's Event Calendar will give you a good overview of just how active and diverse our Club is. Just "Click" the "Event Calendar" button to be taken to it. Event Calendar
To get an even better feel about what this Club is all about, take some time to read the latest issue of our award winning online newsletter. “Click” on the“Newsletter” button to open it. Newsletter
If LSCC looks like a fit, you can join and pay online by “clicking” the “Join the Club” button. Join the Club
If you have any questions or would like some additional information about the Club, please contact me: